Back

House U Mouřenína

Menu
Czech name Dům U Mouřenína
Address náměstí Míru 48
GPS 49°45'22"N 16°28'14"E (xx km)
443 m above sea level
swipe

This building with brewing rights located near the Old Town Hall is one of the oldest preserved civic houses in Svitavy. The families of Svitavy magistrates originally lived in the house, but in the 18th century it was rebuilt as the roadside Blackamoor Inn (German Zum Mohren). An important date in the history of the house is 1776, when Emperor Josef II stayed in the inn on his journey from the village of Květná to Brno. Not even the town fire of 1781, which completely destroyed the square, impacted the historical layout of the building. The Russian commander Korsakov stayed in the house in 1800 during the Napoleonic Wars.


Category mansion / villa / palace, memorial plaque
Services bicycle rental, bicycle storage area, computer with internet connection, cycling accessories for hire, left-luggage office, possibility of washing bicycle, sale of cycling and tourist maps of region, sale of novelties and souvenirs, sale of tourist cards, sale of tourist stamps
Staff languages Czech, English
Date of construction 1554
Distance from parking lot 0 m (own)
  • capacity personal: 200, free
  • capacity coaches: 2, free