Back

Church of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary - church with observation tower

Menu
Czech name Kostel Navštívení Panny Marie
Address náměstí Míru
GPS 49°45'24"N 16°28'1"E (xx km)
439 m above sea level
swipe

The original church, likely Romanesque in design, was created along with the new town around the year 1250 and was designated as the parish church of Svitavy. The church featured a main nave with two chapels in a cruciform plan and a presbytery.


Category church, sight-seeing location

Tours / exhibitions

Observation tower of the church
Open to public
Wheelchair Access : No
Photography allowed: Yes
Video cameras allowed: Yes
Foreign languages descriptions (Czech)
Exhibition specialization the Church / liturgical objects
Interior
Open to public
Wheelchair Access : Yes
Photography allowed: Yes
Video cameras allowed: Yes