Marian Column

Czech name Mariánský sloup
Address náměstí Míru
GPS 49°45'22"N 16°28'2"E (xx km)
444 m above sea level

The common sandstone sculpture is the work of an unknown master, perhaps from the circle of Olomouc workshops. The statue of Mary on the pillar is surrounded by the town patrons – St. Sebastian, St. Roch, St. Florian, and St. John Nepomuk. A statue of St. Rosalie is found in the pillar’s grotto. The inscriptions on the shaft testify to the actual construction of the pillar and renovations performed in 1807, 1883-1884, 1905, 1954, 1976, and 1995. Local and Brno artists, sculptors, and restorers contributed to these projects.

Category plague / Marian / Holy Trinity Column
Date of construction 1703